Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"Pull It One More Mile"

Hello Everyone!

This week we were able to meet President and Sister Brown! They are great! It's a change, but I'm looking forward to getting to know them more.

President's theme of sorts is "pull it one more mile". They are rodeo/horse people and they love anything to do with that. He just talked about how sometimes life is hard, but it's when we're down and feel like we can't move on, that's when we rely on the Savior and "pull it one more mile". There are so many times during missionary work that you feel like you can't go on -- that things are just too hard, or you're just too tired -- but with the Lord we can keep going. The amazing thing is, you always have the strength to do hard things. That's one of the many miracles that comes from the mission. When we're obedient we see miracles. And that applies to every aspect of life -- not just missionary work.  

Favorite scripture of the week: 1 Cor. 3:17 "...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" -- very fitting for the 4th of July! We have freedom from pain, guilt, sadness, etc. when we invite the Spirit into our lives. That is when we receive liberty -- and having liberty is something we constantly have to fight for. We can't be stagnant. (Thanks Bishop Christensen for that one!)

Sites have been getting busy!! But I LOVE it!!! With our areas combined we have been able to see so much growth there and then be at sites so often! (Donald, Harry, Kristen, Steve, and Bernie are all doing great!!!) Goodness, I love it here! The Spirit is so strong! Literally, every time I walk onto sites I feel God's love for all of His children. There isn't a better feeling. I was able to call Dave yesterday, too! It has been a few months since I've been able to contact him. He didn't get baptized (not sure why), but he's still going to church and he loves reading The Book of Mormon. We'll see what happen with that.

I love the sisters I serve with, I love the mission, I love the people I get to serve. There is nothing better than being out here!!! =) Missionary work is the best!

I hope you all had a great Independence Day! I love you all!!

Also, if you have questions on things that I never write about, let me know. I never know what to say in this thing.

I love you!
Sister Burns















No comments:

Post a Comment