Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Weekly Letter -- 3.1.2016

Hello All!

This morning was wonderful!

We were able to have a final District Meeting in the School of the Prophets. We were all able to share our favorite verse about the Savior and bear testimony of Him. There are so many wonderful things that He has done and still does do for us. I am grateful for the time I had to ponder that this morning. 

The verses I chose to share was in John 14

 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I love these verses so very much. They have come to mean so much to me in my life. I have come to know that Jesus Christ truly loves us. He never leaves us without comfort. There have been times on my mission that I felt I could not keep going, but it was at those times that I had to rely on the Savior and I was given strength and comfort. I have been able to feel the peace that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He suffered and bled for me. I know that He loves me. I feel it every day in Ohio. Nothing means more to me than that. 

I hope you all know how much I love you. Thank you for the support and the love that you have all shown me. There is truly nothing better in this life than dedicating your life do Heavenly Father. The scripture is true, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it". I have come to know who I am while serving a mission. I have come to know how important all of God's children are to Him. In the end, I don't feel like I gave up anything. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much while being out here. I am forever grateful for this opportunity!  

I love you all!

Have a blessed day!

Sister Eleena Burns

7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road
Kirtland, Ohio 44094


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRYSON AND JEANINE TODAY!!!!!
Tracting in the middle of nowhere on the most windy day of the year!
 
But at least it was pretty!














Only the best place ever....​



With the coolest district ever....

No comments:

Post a Comment