Sunday, August 24, 2014

The MTC - week 2!!

Hello!
First off, thank you so much for all of those who noticed my slight DearElder hint. ;) You made every day I received one so much better! And better is an understatement!
Sister Guinn and I received our flight itinerary! We leave the SLC airport at 6 a.m. on the 2nd! Family, I can call you if you're going to be up that early. =) I have a very short layover, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to call then. We're flying Delta though!

We have finished most of our regular training here. Our district leaves Monday morning and then Sis. G and I get to stay with our teachers for two more days until we start Visiting Center training on Wednesday. I cannot wait for next week! I look back at all I have learned over the last week and it stuns me. My testimony of Jesus Christ and my desire to share the gospel has grown so much. I can't imagine what it will be like in a week...or 72. =)

Just so you know, next week our P-Day changes to Friday.
So much has happened since last week! Sis. G. and I were called as Sister Training Leaders and we have had so many opportunities to work with the new districts that came in. (18 Elders and 4 Sisters. Wahoo!)  
Monday-Thursday we were able to teach an investigator in the TRC. Some investigators are members but are acting and some are real investigators...we aren't told which. We loved it! But it was the hardest thing by far. Our investigators name was Chaela. She had bright Pink hair and was so ADD!!! We would start on a lesson and she would never let us stay on task. All she wanted to do was talk. We found it hard to explain that there was a difference between Utah culture and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our first four lessons really didn't get us anywhere. She was so focused on Mormon trends or Mormon this. Finally, our last lesson, Sis. G. and I learned to meet her energy and pace and apply what she was talking about to the lesson. Our last ten minutes were the most powerful we ever had with her. She was finally able to see why she would want and need the gospel in her life and it wasn't the culture she needed. Her complete outlook on life changed. She wanted to follow Christ and have that happiness and end goal. Ahh, it was amazing feeling the Spirit and knowing that Chea felt the same. It was wonderful! We did find out that she is already a member though...she was completely pulling our legs! I absolutely love her though and we learned a ton.
We're still teaching Troy and are loving it! (I can't remember if I told you about him or not). Heart stop moment though. We walked in for our lesson and he wouldn't even look at us. he told us he didn't think he should have us come over anymore. Ahh, not what you want to hear from someone that you know that he knows he wants to be a better person. As we talked to him about his worries he realized again for himself that he knew he felt God's love and he knew he needed to follow Him. Favorite lesson of all! I loved seeing the change in his eyes. Just wonderful. =)
I'm starting to get sick of the food, but it's better than what I ate at my apartment. =)    

Last night I got a call from the front desk at 10:03 to come get an important package. Heart stopped! I thought I was in trouble. We RAN to the front desk (by the way, we're supposed to be in bed at 10:15 and the front desk was across campus. We got there, completely out of breath, and there were flowers for me! So cute! Thank you to the Nance's for that! Made my night! Thank goodness I wasn't in trouble. =)
The gospel of Jesus Christ is such a wonderful thing! I am in awe every day over the Love that God has shown us in sending us here with the opportunity to learn and grow. I love my Savior and the constant love He has for all of His children. Such a blessing to know that for myself.
Love you all! Until next week.

Sister Burns

My district Sisters! S. Gilbert, Bradshaw, Guinn, me!

MISSIONARY!!!

When in the MTC... Do as the other missionaries do!

Our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Groesbeck and Sister Ochs (Oaks), before they left for Louisiana

Elder Johnson!!! Sometimes I wish I could hug Elders....
I see him all the time!

Sister Guinn and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment