Sunday, August 17, 2014

Whirlwind!

Hello all!

Can I just start off by saying how much I LOVE the MTC? Wow, it is such a wonderful experience. I have never been in a place where I have felt the Spirit for so long and so strong. I absolutely LOVE my companion, Sister Guinn. We have so much in common and I swear we were meant to be sisters and companions. God sure knew what He was doing when He put us together. The first moment I meat here I could just feel Gods love for her. just an amazing experience.

The first day here was such a whirlwind! My host got lost on campus, so I was late to my first class, but that class was amazing. We were so busy all day long and when we finally were able to rest, it was hard to believe that it was still our first day. I have been tired ever since. But I love it! When we are serving God, He takes care of us. =)

Yesterday we were able to teach our first "investigator", Troy. I loved it! That morning, me and my companion were nervous, but after personal and companionship study, there wasn't a worry in the world. I cannot describe the peace we felt as we went into the lesson. I am so grateful that we get to teach by the Spirit now instead of using flip charts. We talked about faith and action and seeking answers to prayers. It was exactly what our investigator needed to hear. The Spirit was so strong in the room and, even though we stumbled a few times and forgot a pretty important step -- like setting up a return appointment (Oops!!! Thank goodness for practice!). We know He felt closer to our Savior and I know, as we continue teaching Him, we will be able to invite him and help him find the way so he can find the answers for himself.

*Excited moment!* Sister Guinn and I get to go to Temple Square our last week in the MTC! I've heard for other Sisters that previously served at Visitors' Center, that that week is their favorite! I can only imagine how wonderful it will be! I will give a full update on how that goes. Only two and a half more weeks!

I love being so close to the temple and having that extra blessing right at our finger tips. We get to go with our Branch today and I can only imagine how wonderful it will be. By the way, I LOVE my district! I've said that before, but they have grown closer and closer to each other and are such a blessing to me. The discussions we have together and so touching and I love them.

Campus is pretty good. I am just glad I wont be here for nine weeks. Only three. =) I am already sick of the food though. I feel like I live in the cafeteria. Ha. The weather has been perfect here! My favorite part is doing Personal and Companionship study in the Utah air and drawing closer to my Savior. I don't know why I didn't take more time doing that before I got out here. So, I'd like to invite you all to do it now! It doesn't have to be an hour, but spend time getting to know your Savior. We all need Him in our lives and if we come closer to Him, He will come closer to us and I promise we will be guided to the answers we are seeking.  

Anyway, I ran out of time, but I love you all!!

Sister Burns (That's me!!)

P.S. I LOVE DearElder and real letters!! *Hint* *Hint* =) Pass the word along... (Note from her Mom - let's flood her mailbox with letters! Either from Dearelder.com (which is free while she is in the MTC or regular snail mail.

Her MTC Address is:
Sister Eleena Burns
SEP02 OH-CLE
2009 N 900 E Unit 133
Provo UT 84602)

No comments:

Post a Comment