Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 8.17.2015

Hello Family!

This will be a short one with no pictures. =/

I spoke in church yesterday. It was only 5-10 minutes, so it was nothing, but it was still so great! I just love the Solon ward. I spoke about 2 Kings 5: 1, 8-15 and the hymn "Come, Come Ye Saints" (specifically the second verse). I just like that Heavenly Father knows what we need and as we act on what we should do we can see the miracles. They don't come all at once, but the blessings that come from our patience, diligence and faith far outweigh the trials and hardships we go through. God loves us! =)  

Sami came to church yesterday! She is just the cutest thing ever. I love her so much! It just amazes me that a 15 year old would be so brave and so willing to seek and act to find answers. 

Ron and and his "8 and 1/2 and 3/4" year old daughter, Olivia, couldn't make it to church yesterday, but they came to Family Home Evening last night at the Ward Mission Leaders house. The Stake President is their Home Teacher, so he was there to teach the lesson. It was perfect for all of the investigators and Olivia is really coming out of her shell. It's so great to see! We're going to have our next lesson with Ron at President Haymond's home. That will be one great lesson! 

Steve is still on date for baptism on Aug 29th! Since transfers, I don't hear many updates, but everything I do hear is positive! He is changing so much and he's so much happier!

We did service at the Heritage of Hudson this week. There are some sweeties there! I feel like I have early onset dementia now because of it, but hey, it's great being around them and hearing their stories over and over and over and over again! =) 

Also, I hit my one year last week. FASTEST YEAR OF MY LIFE!!!! But the best year.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a wonderful week!! I just love you all!

Sister Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment