Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 8.4.2015

Hello World!!

It's transfer week and I'm getting transferred! I wont find out until tomorrow as to where I'm going, so You'll have to wait until then. 

I have a very short time to write, but I have to tell you about Steve!!

For those of you who don't know who he is or just need a refresher: He's a member's friend that we have been teaching for a few months now. He's 74, a gypsy, has been involved in so many religions, but he loves what he has been learning here. He's technically not in our ward boundaries, so he hasn't really been able to progress while we have been teaching him. He has a few things holding back from being baptized and we just had this feeling that once he felt comfortable going to the other ward he could finally progress. Well, through so many little miracles, he was able to meet the elders from that ward and he actually liked them! He has been meeting with them for two weeks and yesterday he set a baptismal date!! August 29th! I am beyond excited for him! 

It's just so great to see God's had in everything. We needed to start teaching him first because he is really open to girls. We were able to teach him and help him build that foundation. After he had that, he was comfortable with the elders and whalla! Miracles. God knew exactly what Steve needed to grow and progress. Sure, at times Sister Merritt and I didn't know how to help him, but looking back over the last few weeks, God knew exactly what we should do and He led us right to it. 

I love serving here. I love the people and the gospel! There is nothing better or more fulfilling. I know my Savior lives. This is all worth it to know that. 

I love you all!
Sister Burns 

                                          





  Adventures from last week at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History!

Tyler, Morgan and Elder and Sister Mueller up at the Morley Farm. They finished their mission yesterday. =( They will be missed!!  



Sister Rallison is leaving tomorrow. =(

Studying outside




                                     

And the best package came yesterday from NAUVOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAY MADE!!!!


Last District Meeting


No comments:

Post a Comment