Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 11.30.2015

Hello Family!!

Sorry that I didn't get a letter out last week, but I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I sure did! We were able to eat dinner with all of the seniors at the Visitors' Center. It was so yummy!!! Picture fifteen grandmothers coming together to create a completely blissful meal! It was wonderful! Best part: Sister Markers homemade rolls or cream pie or another sisters dressing (as they call stuffing here) that had apples and cranberries instead of celery and onions. It was so yummy! Not to mention we're still eating left overs. I was well taken care of, Mom. =)  

We had some great moments over the past few weeks! I don't have time to give a ton of details, but I'll try to give each story some justice. 

So I told you about Fabian, right? The deaf man we contacted on the street. So we lost contact for a while, but then he sent us a text right after Thanksgiving! He ran into Elders in New York and now has such a desire to learn more. He is so excited! I just love seeing God's hand in all of this! How in the world did he meet Elders during Thanksgiving in New York? There are so many people there at that time, but he "just happened" to run into Elders? Nah, that was a God thing. D&C 93:1. My most favorite scripture! It's so true! Sure, we might not see His face right now, but I'm for sure seeing His hand! The only sad thing is we found out he's just right outside of our area, but the Shaker Ward should be very happy they got him! But I'm okay with that, I'm just excited for Fabian to learn how much God loves him! 

Second miracle...Tessa prayed during our lesson! And it was so perfect! She prayed to know if God was real and to help her come to know for herself. It was so sincere. JD came in during the lesson and talked about how he can't see God, so He can't believe He's there. Sister Sorensen pulled an Elder Bennett and asked JD how he knew Africa was real. He had no answer. He had never though of God in that way. We don't have to see Him to know He is there. It's amazing to see that as we listen to those we teach and as we listen to the Spirit, it will be given to us what we should say in order to help them the most. JD and Tessa are coming along. =) 


We had the cutest lesson with Brother Billingsley last night! We read about Abinadi and how he died for what he knew to be true. We asked him what that meant to him and he proceeded to share the sweetest testimony on how it doesn't matter what happens as long as we keep strong and how beautiful it will be to see Jesus again. He isn't afraid to die because he knows it will be such a wonderful moment when he sees his Savior. There is nothing better than hearing the testimony of the Savior from someone you love so much!


Also, Sister Sorensen got the call last night! She's going to be training next transfer! Which means I'm being kicked out of Solon (pretty sure, at least). I'm excited for her though!

Next weeks Prep Day is on Tuesday next week. Just FYI. 

I love you all!!

Have a blessed day!

Sister Eleena Burns

7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road
Kirtland, Ohio 44094





Just for Daddy!

I got to see two of my recent converts at the lighting ceremony in Kirtland! Steve!

Sister H and Briar! I love them! 


Donald!

Janice! JB! Judy Bo! Lady J! Ahh, I love her!

One of my favorite members!

Hey, we got it!

Temple!


Bedford Town Square Lighting with the Rs! 






1 comment: