Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekly Letter -- 2.1.2016

Hello All!!


So I had this moment of "this is why we serve missions!" yesterday.

Last night we were sitting in Uma and Patar's house. 

For those of you who don't remember... Patar was baptized the weekend before I got to Ohio, but I was there for his confirmation and I was able to teach his new member lessons. 

So Patar will forever hold a soft spot in my heart! 

Since last year, Patar was able to baptize his step son, him and his wife were able to be sealed in the temple (something Uma has been waiting 18 years for since the time she joined the church), Patar was able to bless their youngest son, Argon, and they are beyond happy!

Last night we were teaching them and we shared the First Vision with them. After we shared it with them, we asked what events God placed them through in their life that led them to listen to and find to be true, Joseph Smith's account.


Nothing is sweeter than hearing the testimony of two converts and their story that led them to where they are today. You can feel so much more love in their home and joy in everything they do. Not everything in their lives is perfect, but everything is better because they have the gospel in their lives. Uma kept saying how grateful she is to finally have the Priesthood in her home. That is something she wanted her entire life and it wasn't until Patar was baptized that she was able to have that. 

Happy, eternal families. 

That is why missions are worth it. 

Yes, they are hard. Yes, sometimes people don't listen and your heart breaks. Yes, you have to trudge through the cold weather. Yes, you can't see your family for a year and a half. 

But it is all worth it. 

"Men are that they might have joy". I have been able to see that on my mission. I have a front row seat to seeing the Atonement work in the lives of those around me. This mission wont just change the lives of others, but it has changed my life and will change my current family, future family, and any one else I meet. It's not me that does anything really, but the Spirit has the power to change our hearts. I might bring the Spirit "unto" someone, but it's up to them to bring int "into" their hearts and let the Savior heal them. 

I have been able to see that happen on my mission and, goodness, it's the best feeling in the world. All the bad disappears and the miracles shine through.

I love you all!!!     


Have a blessed day!

Sister Eleena Burns

7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road
Kirtland, Ohio 44094


Cutest Companion!!!!!
Right before transfers. Crepes in the City! Yumm,.  Bye Sister Hardy. =(
The new house! Sister Saunders, Guinn, Janairo, and me!
We went to Amish Country.....it's okay, you can laugh. 

Amish "Whoopies". Really yummy.


So this was last week and we could see the grass!!!
And this is today!!! GREEN!!!!!!!!!





The little bit of snow that is left.

Also, I'm not wearing a coat...it's 50 degrees outside. =) Two weeks of winter...I can handle that. I wish.


IT'S SO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment