Monday, November 10, 2014

Prayers Answered, Spirit Felt...and Maybe a Couple Bed Bugs

Hello all!

This week was wonderful! Last Wednesday I was able to speak with Dave, a military man who we met from chat on Mormon.org. During our first conversation on chat we talked about the love of Christ and how He forgives every person who comes to Him. Dave is retiring from the military after twenty years of service. Now that he's coming to the end of his career, he's realizing some of the orders he had to follow were not the best or happiest of orders. He talked about the horrible things he had to do that are required of him in those situations. War is not a pretty thing. He couldn't imagine how there is a God who would forgive him for his actions. 
I received Dave's information and have been able to talk with him twice over the phone since then. He is wonderful. He has such strong faith in God and he knows he wouldn't be alive without the protection and guidance of the Lord. It was such a tender moment to be able to testify of Christ's love for him. Christ died for him -- to remove the guilt he feels. Christ knows what he has been through and what is in his heart. Christ can remove the pain he feels and can help him find true happiness. The Spirit was so strong and we weren't even in the same room let alone the same state. 
I was able to answer questions about the Godhead and the trinity. Many times he said, "now that makes sense" or "I've studied this for years and that is the first time someone could explain that to me". It was wonderful. By studying and sharing the gospel, I have come to realize that the word of God is simple. Every single commandment is given to us that we "might have joy". As we study, we can see how every aspect of the gospel is designed to bring us closer to Christ and help us on the path to eternal life. 
I am so grateful for Dave and being able to discuss the gospel with him. I know that through Jesus Christ ALL mankind may be saved. We can ALL come to Him. No matter what we've done or who we think we are. Christ knows us inside and out. He knows what we need and what will make us happy. Not to have fun, but to be happy -- truly happy. Fun is just a short moment, but happiness is forever and God deals with forever. I can see pure happiness here. That's what we are all seeking to find and I am so glad I can help others find it through our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Happy moment number two....
Demetrius was this cute little boy from the start of my mission. Let's just say life in Utah is different from Ohio and we weren't aloud over to his home for a bit -- family issues had to be sorted out. Last District Meeting we made a prayer list of investigators, less active, or recent converts that were in need of some prayers. We added Demetrius to that list and the entire district would pray over the individuals. Only a few days later we were given the go ahead to call and see if we could stop by. Yes!!! We called Demetrius' mother who is not a member and she actually answered! Blessing. We have an appointment for next Thursday and I cannot wait for that! I've missed that little kid. I love seeing God's hand. When we are in need of things and we come to Heavenly Father in humble, earnest prayer, and He always answers. It might not be how we think He will respond, but He always answers. It goes back to the happiness thing. He knows what will make us happy and He is just waiting to give it to us. All we have to do is ask and have faith in Him. Simple as that.       

I am so grateful for the gospel and the influence it brings to the world. I know Heavenly Father loves all of His children. I know that. Always.

I've gotta run, but I love you all,
Sister Burns


P.S. we might have bed bugs.....NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers we don't find one. 
Happy thought though....It hasn't snowed yet..... *knocks on the wooden desk*
Sad thought....I'm sick...again... No voice.

Sister Jensen and Sister Heckert!  
 
LAST WEEK OF TRAINING!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment