Thursday, May 21, 2015

Better Late Than Never -- Weekly Email 5.21.2015

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry for the late email. I had a small fever Monday and wasn't allowed to leave the house, but now we're free! I only have a short time to email now -- we have appointments we didn't want to cancel to have more preparation day time. 

Anyway, quick highlights from this past week:

Transfers!
I got a new companion, Sister Merritt! She's from Nevada, 19 years old, a twin, and is the sweetest girl I know. So adorable and we're excited to serve with each other.  


TYLER GOT THE PRIESTHOOD!!!!!!!
He was asked to share his conversion story/testimony at the Mission President's Fireside last Sunday. We were serving at sites that day and barely made it back from taking a tour in order to hear him speak. He was up there and was giving a WONDERFUL talk when he mentions the changes he has made and the blessings he has seen in just the last two months since he has known about the church. He listed a few things and then says, "to top it off, I even received the Priesthood today". My face must have been priceless. He just looked at me and started laughing. I was so happy for him!!! That little stinker didn't tell us until then. Ha. Best surprise ever! He has grown so much!! The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings so much light into the lives of those who let it in! (Speaking of light... you should all read "Choose to Believe" by Elder L. Whitney Clayton. SO good! I read it this morning. I love General Conference!)

Sorry, I don't have a picture of that. Oops. 

BUT! Tyler and Morgan brought me get well flowers. I love those two. 
Aside from that, we were able to do so much service yesterday! I love doing service! Especially after being stuck inside for 36 hours. 

​The before picture. It still isn't finished. We're helping Sister Brooks with her yard. I love that woman! Everyone in Utah take advantage that this amazing woman is moving out your way. Your life will be forever changed! 

Nashville Tribute Band came to Kirtland last Saturday. It was pretty great and we were able to get almost 500 people there -- members and members of other faiths. It was a great night! Such a good fellowshipping/missionary tool. And they have a song about Kirtland! Wahoo!

The band, Sister Merritt, me, Morrison, Allen

​On the way to the concert! Me, Sister Saunders, Merritt, Rallison.

​  

Also, I ate dandelion salad at the Makar's with dandelion leaves from Sister Makar's yard...yep. It actually wasn't too bad.  

Oh! I did take two tours one day. The first tour had a lady from Texas who lives in the Snow's branch! The second tour was with a couple who lives by and knows the Welch's in Omaha! What a small world when you're serving at a church visitors' center. 

Okay, I have to get running. One last thing, sorry that I never seem to get to respond to everyone's personal emails. Know that I will soon and I am BEYOND grateful for all your love and support. Don't stop sending them. Serving is so much easier knowing I still have family and friends at home that haven't forgotten me. =) I love you all!!! 

Love, 
Sister Burns


Other random pictures.

Bowling last Preparation Day. I lost... 
Elder Korn, Bradshaw, Boothe, Bunnell, me, Sister Adame, Call.


Just the flag one evening outside the Stake Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment