Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Love To See The Temple!

Hello!!!!

This week has been great!!! 

I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE SOON!!!!! 

Inline image 1

I have never been more happy in my entire life. I knew I was temple homesick. but now I see how truly temple homesick I was. There is a feeling that is in the temple that exists no where else.  So many people are seeking for peace, praying for peace, fighting for peace, and so many of them don't know that that peace is in a magnificent building right in their backyard. 

We all need that peace. I need that peace. In Galatians 5:22 is says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith". As we enter the temple we feel such a strong peace that cannot be duplicated my man. That feeling is the Spirit testifying of the reality of Christ and of Heavenly Father. I know that the temple is the House of the Lord and as we feel that peace, our faith in Heavenly Father and the Savior grows and grows. I am grateful for places like that in this crazy world. 

There is not a better place in the world. 


Other happenings:

Just Sister Merritt and I driving through Mentor on a pretty, sunny day. Nothing too exciting.

Preparation Day clothes for the Temple Visitors' Center (Community of Christ)/Historic Kirtland Visitors' Center (Us) picnic yesterday! I like pants!! But shockingly, I love my skirts more. The mission does crazy things! =)

I know what you're thinking....it's root beer! From the Community of Christ gift shop. Yumm.
I played...for about one minute....and then we learned to hula. Oh yeah.
It's the lake. Hard to see though.
And the skyline from the same spot!





No filter.


Nancy is my favorite! She lives in Kirtland and gives tours at the temple. Zach is one of their interns from England!


Tours are going great! We are getting so busy and I just LOVE it! I get to meet people from all over the world. Favorite tour of the week was taking a tour group of 115 youth from Highland, Utah (I only had 20 or so of them). They had all graduated from high school just days before and chose this as their senior trip. They were all so amazing. Their goal as a group was to give out 450 copies of the Book of Mormon while they were driving from Utah to New York and everywhere in between. Some of their stories were amazing. Like talking about the gospel at Cedar Point or Cracker Barrel. One lady actually started crying when they gave her a Book of Mormon because she had been praying for it. Ahh, so amazing! I love serving a mission!!!!!!!

Also, Steve, our investigator, has been coming to church every week for about a month or longer. We're having our second official lesson with him tonight. He's pretty great!! We wouldn't be meeting with him if it wasn't for his member friend. Member missionaries win again!!!

Well, I'm out of time, but know that I love you all and the gospel is true!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing, is better than knowing that and we all can, too! =) That's the amazing part. 


I love you all!

Sister Burns 


P.S. Did I mention that I get to go to the TEMPLE?!?!?!?! =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment