Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weekly Letter - 6/2/2015

Hello All!!

I spent all of my time emailing others, so sorry this will be short. 

I just had to tell about yesterday! Miracles!!

I made the goal to call three people no matter how busy sites would get. When sites get too busy, we have to split companionship's and take a solo tour. Well, it was busy, so we all got split. Sister Merritt took a tour and I got to call people while I waited for another tour to come (miracle #1). As I was waiting for a chat or call to come through, three voicemails popped up in my box. I listened to them all (one was blank) and didn't know any of them. Normally, people can get your specific extension and call you, but I never gave these ladies my extension, so I'm still not sure how they ended up with me (miracle #2).

They were both requesting free DVDs. I called them both back and would love to tell you about Kimberly! Most of the time we give out Finding Faith in Christ or Restoration DVD pass-a-long cards, so that's what I thought she was ordering. Anyway, I called Kimberly back and got a hold of her the first time I tried (miracle #3). She told me how she found a card on a table (miracle #4) that told her about how families can be together forever and she wanted to order the DVD about it.

I was able to talked to her a bit more and she told me how her and her husband had recently lost their 2-year-old son within the last year. She told me how she was religious, but knew there had to be something more. She is so prepared for the gospel! (miracle #5) 

I was able to teach her about Heavenly Father's love for His children and that He has a plan for each one of us. I told her how she can be with her son again and that there are missionaries who can come to her home and teach her more about it. She accepted the invitation immediately! (miracle #6) We continued to discuss God's love and then I was able to set a time where I will call her back and talk more about it (miracle #7 in the making). 

I guess what I'm getting at is there are so many miracles all around us and Heavenly Father loves every single one of His children! My favorite part about serving a mission is seeing that Heavenly Father truly is involved in our lives if we take the time to look for Him and allow Him into our lives.       

I love you all! Look for the miracles today. 

Sister Burns


If you're teaching a lesson, you might as well make it fun....
Tyler's missionary! (A.K.A. him)

Plan of Salvation!


A day of service!!! First we planted flowers all over sites!

Then I was on exchanges and we helped the Benally's move in my old area! I love Shaker Heights!

Five hours of service! Nothing is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment