Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 6.16.2015

Hello All!!!

This letter is mostly going to be pictures today. Sorry!

Updates on a few people: 

Steve is our investigator and he's so great! He is an older man -- 70s or so. Super short! But so nice. He's a gypsy and has lived all over! He has studied many religions -- Catholic, Jehovah's Witness and everything in between. His wife took the lessons before she passed away, so he's very familiar with our teachings. Because of that, we really aren't teaching him many new things. We're mostly just pointing out the truths and showing him how he can find out for himself. He's already been baptized twice into other religions, so he's not to keen on doing that again until he finds it's true. But he's seeking out his answers and we know he'll get them eventually. He comes to church every week and loves it. He is just so smart and so willing to act to find his answers. That's so key. I'll keep you posted on him. He's great! 

Tyler is the best! I know I say that all the time, but he is! We got to take him on a mini tour and teach a lesson out there. Perks to serving at the historical sites. Tyler is the best!!!! Mission made because of him. 


Sawmill. Thanks Grandpa Joel. =) 





You can't tell in this picture, but we went to stop by a home and then it went from clearer skies to DOWNPOURING in like five minutes. There was a moment that we could hardly see. Ten minutes later, it was over. Never leave the house without your umbrella here. It rains all the time!


You know when the camera never does God's creations justice?



Sites are getting crazy busy, but I like it that way! We are hardly ever in our area though.

Saddest moment of the week....saying goodbye to President Vellinga and his family. Let's just say I haven't cried that much since....the MTC. He officially leaves the 29th, but he had a final mission tour and we were able to have a meeting with him. He is the best. I didn't realize that coming on a mission I would meet so many amazing people that would change my life. I'm so grateful I listened to the Spirit, pushed away my fears and went. Biggest blessing ever! 

I love you all!! 

Thank you!
Sister Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment