Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 10.5.2015

Hello Family!

This week went by so fast! I cannot believe that General Conference is over! Let's talk about how amazing that was though! Three new apostles! I'm so excited! 

One theme I noticed over and over again is that God chooses the weak and simple to do His will. He doesn't choose the most perfect or qualified (in the world's eyes) for the job. He chooses the meek and humble to do His will. We aren't perfect, but through Him miracles are brought to pass. Knowing this has brought so much comfort to my life, especially as I have served a mission. There are so many responsibilities that come from serving, but the Lord knows that we can accomplish every single one as we rely on Him. Nothing is impossible when we are on the Lord's errand. 

As far as favorite talks...I don't think I could choose a favorite. A few I loved were President Uchtdorf's talk from Women's Conference and his talk in the Saturday morning session. He said this great quote, "Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey". It ties back into the theme I heard throughout that we're not perfect and that's okay. This gospel is a gospel of learning and becoming better and better each day. That is a part of the Great Plan of Happiness. We get to grow and strengthen ourselves as disciples of Jesus Christ and as children of Heavenly Father. It's comforting to know that I'm not perfect, I have weaknesses, but through the Atonement, I can be better. It's for me and it's simple. 

One of my favorite parts of General Conference was not what I heard, but it was seeing Ron's face as he was watching it. He was glowing! Literally, he was so happy and soaking in every word. That is what the gospel is about -- that is the gospel in action! His life is so much better and it has only been two months. He let the light of Christ into his life and He let the Savior heal him and help him move forward. We're going to the temple with him on the 24th and he is going to have someone get baptized for his wife. He is so excited! Moments like this make everything worth it.

Anyway, those are just a few of my thoughts this week. 

I love you all!

Sister Burns
Elder and Sister Lantz are leaving in two days. =(


Donald, who I taught in Kirtland! He got baptized on the 26th! I wasn't there, but that's him!

No comments:

Post a Comment