Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Weekly Letter -- 9.28.2015

Hello All!!

Highlights of the week: 

1) RON & OLIVIA'S BAPTISM!



It was such a great day! There were so many people and the Spirit was so strong. Ron and Livvie were smiling so much. Livvie has been so cute about it! She was talking to me yesterday at church and she was like, "I can't remember things anymore. I mean, I can still remember math and things like that, but I can't remember the bad things!" Ahh, why is she so cute! 

It's amazing to see where they were seven weeks ago and where they are today. Sure, there are still trials in their lives, but they seem so much more happy. Ron smiles. He keeps commenting on how he's finally starting to feel the peace he has been searching for. I know that that peace will continue to grow. We're planning on going to the temple on October 24th with Ron and a few other returning members and I'm so excited! Truly, the temple provides so much peace! I'm so excited for Ron to enter that amazing building. 


2) ALPACAS! 
Outside the church building! (This was taken for Linds!) Hahahahahaha!!!

3) Funny of the week.....

We went to this SKETCH rehabilitation center to visit a less active and there were no quiet places where we could talk....so he said, "I have an idea. Grab a chair and follow me". So we did that and followed him to the....



SHOWER ROOM! 


What?! 



HAHAHAHA!!!!




*creepy picture taken from our dinosaur phone when he looked away because we forgot our cameras!*


I'm literally sitting inside the shower!!! This was the hardest lesson to keep a straight face. But on a happy note, he's watching General Conference this weekend! 

​4) We were able to take the most amazing tour last Thursday! It was with a man and his two sons. The day before a senior sister called and said there was a tour coming and she knew that we needed to take it. One son had been excommunicated and is finally on his way back. The moment we met them we knew this tour would be different from every tour we had previously taken. There was an overwhelming feeling of love for this man. I knew during every moment of that tour that the Savior loved him. I couldn't think of anything else. We were able to watch Because He Lives (helives.mormon.org) and share our testimonies with them after. 

I'm still not sure why we were supposed to give that tour, but I now have a stronger testimony of the Atonement. I know that the Savior loves each and every one of us no matter what we have done. There is always a way back to Him. Sure, the path isn't easy, but it's possible through the Savior and I know that He is there with us every step of the way. He loves us. 

5) General Women's Conference was amazing! I cannot wait for next weekend. Nothing is better than hearing from the Prophet and coming closer to the Savior. Be happy everyone! =) And watch General Conference! 

6) I almost forgot! We were able to meet with another sister who is coming back to church. Her 1 year old son just passed away, so it has been a hard few weeks, but we were able to speak with her and it's just amazing to know that families are forever. She will get to see her child again. I'm excited to see how the gospel will continue to strengthen her in this time of trial.

7) Donald from the Kirtland Ward also got baptized on Saturday! I was teaching him before I got transferred! It's exciting! 

Okay, I've got to get running! Know that I love you all 

Sister Burns


Oh, my new apartment address is: 
34755 Park East Drive 
Apt. B206
Solon, OH 44139

But you are more than welcome to continue to send things to the Visitors Center! 

7800 Kirtland-Chardon Rd. 
Kirtland, Ohio 44094

Thanks!


Bowling last Preparation Day! I didn't win...but I didn't lose either! 

Lays competition. Sister Hancock has been looking for this flavor for the longest time and we finally found it!! Biscuits and Gravy for the win!

This was in the Primary room yesterday at church. Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment