Tuesday, December 16, 2014

9 More Days!

Christmas is coming! Pure happiness!

Favorite parts about the Christmas season in Kirtland, Ohio:

- Being surrounded by nativities in Kirtland. There is such a wonderful feeling that fills the Visitor's Center. That's what happens when you see the Christ child every where you turn.  
- Testifying of the reality of Christ's birth. Is there a better thing to do right now? #HeIsTheGift #ShareTheGift (Also, there was a great article in the Dec. 2014 Ensign about this very topic. You should read it. Yes, yes!)
- Testifying of Christ being the center of our religion and faith. Because of Him, we have a way to return to our Father in Heaven. We know how we can find happiness in this life and in eternity to come. There was a lady who visited the Nativities yesterday and came up to Sister Call and I. She said, "I know this might be a really ignorant question, but are nativities a part of your religion? Do you even believe in Christ? I know other religions use them, but I didn't know yours did". We were able to testify that Christ is the center of our faith and everything else pulls us closer to Him. We need Him and He is our Savior. It was such a special moment.
- Serving all those around me. People are so receptive to help this time of year. What a better way to teach of Christ than to do what He would have us do. We passed an older lady attempting to bring in her trash cans. As she did, one fell over and then the other did as well. We felt prompted to stop and rush to help her. She was so grateful for our kindness and invited us in to get warm. She is the sweetest lady and I am glad we were able to listen to the Spirit and strive to serve those around us. The best feelings come from giving of ourselves.   
- Yummy treats from senior missionaries, members, and my family! (Had to throw that one in there.)
- Singing Christmas hymns and pondering their true meanings.
- Watching "He is The Gift". It gets better every single time I watch it!
- Sharing "He is The Gift". Christmas is about so much more than the commercial, worldly views. Sharing that message has helped me focus on my Savior and the gift He is to me. 
- Hot Chocolate.

Well, I hope your lists have some happy moments that draw you closer to our Savior this Christmas season. I know that as we keep the Savior in our lives every day (not just through December) and truly love and use the Gift He has given us, our lives will be full of peace, joy and love. What's a better gift? Don't put in on the shelf and forget about it. It's given to us all. Unwrap it, use it, love it, share it.

Merry Christmas! I love you all!
Sister Burns 

No comments:

Post a Comment