Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Oh, there you are Perry!

I love Christmas!!!! 

Skyping was such a highlight! I understand other missionaries now. =) 

So much has happened since Thursday. 

The biggest change was.....emergency transfer! Sister Derrick went home for school and left the day after Christmas. Transfers are not until the 7th, so they needed to transfer someone to take her place. With the transfer there left one lone sister and her area. Well, we get to combine with her! Sister Sorensen is now our third companion and we get to serve in both the Shaker Heights North area as well as the Perry area. Wahoo!! They are in complete opposite ends from Kirtland, but so far it has been great! I love being able to serve with other sisters and learn from them. That is such a good lesson to learn. God made all of us and He made us all different. That is such a blessing! We all look at things different and we can be our best when we work together and use each other's strengths. Yep, this week has been an adventure, but it has been a great one! 
I am so glad Heavenly Father has given me this time to serve. Kirtland really is such a special place. I know that Heavenly Father knows me and what I need in this life. He has put people in my life to guide and help me. I am so glad I get to be an instrument in His hands and share His gospel with others. No matter what happens in my week, I am always glad that I get to be that. 

I love you all! Happy New Year!
Sister Burns 

Week in pictures:
Exchanges with Sister Derrick before she left. Favorite. I have learned so much from her! Watch out Provo! Pure amazing is coming your way!


​Christmas morning!! Sister Smith, Hardy, Sorensen, Derrick, Call and I!
District!

Triple up!!!

District!

Triple up!!!
Sister Guinn and I at the Visitors' Center talent show in Christmas night. So much talent! We (the sisters I live with) did synchronized swimming. Oh yes, be so jealous you didn't see that. Haha


​Best moment of my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment