Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I love Ohio

Hello! 

This week has been so great. I just love my mission!! If anyone is wondering about going, just do it. The hardest part about going is taking the first step, but you'll never regret going if you put your whole heart into it. Yep, such a blessing!

Sister Call and I set a goal to meet and get to know every single member in our area. Because of this, our week was full of amazing member visits. Members are amazing! I didn't realize how important they are to missionary work and how much we, as missionaries, need them -- this isn't a want, it's a need. They are the ones who love and fellowship each other -- we come and go every six or so weeks. They give hours of loving service and, through this, show their love and gratitude to our Savior. I am reminded of this over and over again as we work with the ward. Also, I love the ward I'm serving in! Every single person is amazing! I have never felt so much love and support before. Mostly because I'm a missionary and they LOVE the missionaries, but they are wonderful beyond that. I can't explain how grateful I am to be serving here. 

​Sister Call, Connee, and I at church. We ended up matching. I love them both!

We were able to do some street contacting and tracting this week, too. You know those funny mission stories...we experienced a few! 

Story of the day: 
Sisters: *Knock* *knock*
Boy: *Runs out the door and stands right next to us on the porch* (Not normal, I might add)
Aunt: *Follows boy yelling the entire way and looks at us* Yells, "We're not interested",  and continues to yell at the boy.
Sisters: *Awkwardly walks away....*

A minute later....

Boys: *Running after sisters*. "Sorry for our auntie. She's a bit upset. But was Jesus on your cards?! We want one!"
Sisters: "Sure! Take one!" *Continues down the street*

A moment later....

Boy: Yells, "Can I have your number??!!!!
Sisters: *Laugh and keep walking*
Boy: "No really, I'm serious!
Sisters: *Laugh some more* "I think we're a bit old for you"
Boy: Yells, BUT I'M FIFTEEN!!!!!

Hahahahahaha!!!! Sorry little man. But on the upside, he can now watch "He is the Gift"! So much better than a girls number. =)

But in all seriousness, there are so many wonderful people out here and I love sharing the message of Christ with them, especially this Christmas season. I have never felt closer to my Savior and I am grateful for the opportunity I have been blessed with to share that message with others. The great thing is it's not too late for anyone. We can all reach out this season, this week, this very moment, to help someone come closer to Christ. I promise that by doing so, we will all find greater happiness and peace no matter the time of year. That's the blessing of the gospel. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and we will not find any better happiness than the happiness we find through Him. 

Anyway, I hope all is well in Utah or wherever this letter gets to you.

I love you all!!
Sister Burns  

No comments:

Post a Comment