Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#ShareTheGift

It's December!!! Christmas is in 22 days and I love this time of year! All of the snow has melted, but I'm sure it's going to come right back in no time. Tis the season!

Thanksgiving was wonderful! I love ward members and being able to serve at the Kirtland sites. They all made our Thanksgiving wonderful. We had planned to eat dinner with Connee and her family. They are on a strict, no-carb diet for medical reasons, so we knew this dinner would be one for the memory books. But don't you worry, we made sure to get our Thanksgiving carbs in before we went over to Connee's. All of the senior missionaries gathered in the Visitors Center and had an early dinner and we were able to go. Oh my goodness, picture 20 or so of the sweetest grandmothers in the world cooking their own delicious treats. Needless to say, that dinner was fantastic! I might have eaten a bit more than just some stuffing and rolls. =)
Connee's was wonderful!!! I never thought I would love the people in Ohio so much. They have become my home away from home and the closest thing to family here. We were able to look at her ancestors pictures and had a great time doing it. That night, we all gathered as Kirtland sisters and tied quilts for needing members in our areas. Again, I love these sisters so much!! Charity is a real thing and serving others builds it. I have loved seeing that happen on my mission. We all can strive to be like Christ and love like Him. Nothing in the world is better than that. Overall, a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!     

Thanksgiving with Connee, Chuck and Cory
Yesterday was the other highlight of my week -- maybe even my mission. We were able to gather together as an entire mission -- all 217 of us -- in the Kirtland Temple yesterday morning for our Mission Conference. That was the sweetest, spiritual experience. We sang and talked about Christ and the true meaning of Christmas. We talked about our lives as missionaries and our future life after we're home. We talked about following our Savior and striving to find and hold on to a testimony of Him for ourselves. We talked about being submissive to Heavenly Father's will and trusting that He knows what will make us truly happy. Most of all, we talked about the Gift from our Heavenly Father and what we will change in our lives to accept the gift He gave. 

Hundreds of missionaries waiting outside the temple! Me with one of my favorites!
This brings me to my favorite part of the conference and the thing I am most excited about this Christmas season. "He is the Gift" Have you discovered it, embraced it, shared it? 

Look out for it on YouTube on December 7th!

This is what Christmas is all about. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son". This message is so wonderful. Our Father in Heaven gave His Son for us. We can enjoy the peace and love that Christ gives to every single person in this world -- no matter who they are. We, as missionaries, have been asked to give out 250 pass-a-long cards by Christmas inviting other to watch "He is the Gift" and find the true meaning of Christmas this year. I'd love you all to share a few, too! I'm not sure how many of you receive the Ensign, but inside the December issue, there are 9 cards that you all can give out. This is such a wonderful way to share the gospel. Nothing pushy or preachy at all, but it will help every single person and it's the best gift you can give. I promise as you do this, you will come closer to Christ and this Christmas season will be the best yet!! So...will you pass them out? 


I am so grateful for this season and that I am able to share the message of Christ to all who will hear. There is no better work in the whole world. Nothing brings greater happiness. Thank you all so much for you love and support. Have a wonderful Christmas season and don't forget the real reason. =) 

Love you all,
Sister Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment