Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmastime!

Christmas is here!!

There are so many things I would love to share with you all. I have seen so many miracles this past week and have had such wonderful experiences. I'll just share my top three:

1) I was able to sing in the Kirtland Temple Sunday night! Best story ever. The Kirtland sisters sang prelude for the annual hymn sing at the temple. During the program Sister Harrison gets passed a note asking if she, Sister Bishop, Sister Call and I could sing the quartet of "Far, Far Away". It was in the program, but the sisters in charge didn't know about it. Panic moment for them. Two songs before we received the note and had a few short moments to plan a musical number. Miracles happen. We stood to sing and it was perfect! It was like we had practiced for days. 
As we sang, I could feel such a special spirit. I could imagine the early saints in the very same place years ago, singing hymns to God. Now, I was able to stand where they stood and feel the same feeling they felt. I wonder if the saints ever thought a moment like that would happen as they pushed through the trials and left the temple behind while they headed west. Almost 75 missionaries were in the temple that night testifying of the same thing they sacrificed everything for -- our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His restored gospel. I am so grateful for what they did and for the Savior who helps us each and every day through our own trials. Large or small, He loves us and will guide us and we trust in Him.


​Classic

2) Slightly gross, but a powerful miracle nonetheless. Get ready....
So, I had a toe issue....an ingrown toenail to be exact. I'll spare the details and woes of a missionary, but let's just say after a traumatic doctors appointment and almost passing out, they removed it. My toenail is gone. =( Well, I couldn't wear boots and for a missionary in Ohio with snow, that's not the best thing in the word. I was told it would swell if I didn't elevate it constantly and I would need to use pain medicine because it was supposed to be very tender for weeks. Yeah, right before Christmas when all I wanted to do was tract and talk to people. Joys.
Well, here comes the miracle. After the first day I was numb in the morning and then I was taking medicine to prevent the pain from getting worse. I asked my District Leader for a blessing and what a great blessing it was. Through the blessing, God promised me I would be able to continue to do my missionary work without pain. My testimony of priesthood blessings has grown greatly because of that experience! I haven't had to take anything for pain since then. My toes is still healing, but it feels completely fine. I can't wear a boot on my left foot (I have this very attractive sandel I wear...joys), but while walking in the snow, my foot has never been cold...ever. For Ohio, that is a miracle! I know Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us. He is looking out for us and He wants us to be happy...even if we have to get a toenail removed to see it. He will guide us and help us as we strive to follow Him. I am so grateful for that experience. P.S. the nail will grow back for all of you who were worried.         


(Warning....picture of my bandaged toe is next!! Feet haters can skip if you'd like!)



Meow!

Okay, gross story over....next!

3) Dave! (Investigator over chat) He is such a miracle! He was sick last week, so we weren't able to talk. Yesterday we were finally able to catch up. I was hoping he read the section of the Book of Mormon I committed him to read last time, and the very first thing he told me was that he read the whole thing! He read the entire Book of Mormon in one week!!!! He loved it! I asked him how he felt, and he knew it was the word of God. He could feel the Spirit as he read it. He told me how he could see it testify of Christ and it truly works together with the Bible. I love seeing him change and find hope. He was in such despair when we first started talking and now he has hope through the Savior.   

I hope you can all look for and see the miracles from God in your lives each day. He cares about you more than you can imagine. I know that He does. I am grateful for the moments I have been able to see His hand stretched out in front of me. He is always there for us. Always. 

Merry Christmas! 

Sister Burns
#HeIsTheGift #ShareTheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment